Disclaimer: No one said we were original when it comes to being an American on St. Patrick’s Day. Also, our views on the quality of The Boondock Saints film is thus:
- If you are a fan of the film, we may or may not contest the film’s status as a so-called “cult classic,” and may or may not agree that yes, it is about as quotable as Pulp Fiction or Ghostbusters. Also, that cast?! I mean, Willem Dafoe, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly?
- If you are not a fan of the film, we may or may not find the following descriptions to be fair assessments:
- “A juvenile, ugly movie that represents the worst tendencies of directors channeling Tarantino.”–Rotten Tomatoes consensus
- “The Boondock Saints has ended up a cheap looking B-movie that’s pretentious, derivative, and sorely lacking a sense of fun.”–Miles Fielder (Rotten Tomatoes)
- “An embarrassing waste of time, and nothing even resembling the guiltiest of guilty pleasures…”–Felix Vasquez Jr. (Rotten Tomatoes)
- “If I was stuck on a desert island with only this movie and nothing else to do, I would go drown myself!”–Fitznew (IMDB)